THE BUSINESS OF AGRO LOGISTICS & TRADE
There is a huge market in logistics (storage and transportation), wholesale, and retail of raw and processed agro produce. This session simplifies this value chain and highlights key considerations to account for in starting a business and thriving in this value chain
About the Session
How do we enable a crop or livestock farmer to sell their commodities to the most
profitable customer base with minimal loss? Answering this question involves several sets
of activities involved in getting Agric produce from the farm gate to the customer’s plate. This
includes transportation and transhipment to wholesalers and retailers, storage &
warehousing of the items, and the mechanics of the actual sale (within the country or as
This session simplifies the agro logistics & trade value chain and offers essential guidance on how to start or invest in a business in this sector space.
Key Take-aways from the session
- Appreciate the opportunity in logistics (storage and transportation), wholesale, and retail of raw and processed agro produce
- Identify key requirements for starting and thriving in Agro-Logistics & Trade
What is covered
- What does Agro Logistics & Trade entail?
- The Business Environment for Agro Logistics & Trade businesses (Ease of doing business, Registration landscape, statistics etc.)
- An estimate of the size of the Agro Logistics & Trade market
- The competitive environment for Agro Logistics & Trade
- Profit Analysis (A forecast / Cashflow / Wealth creation) – this is a fictional foresight of income generated from Agtech.
- What is the investment appetite like for Agro Logistics & Trade businesses?
- What are the different ways one can play in the Agro Logistics & Trade space (Storage, aggregator, retail, import/export, etc)?
- How do I identify the appropriate viable Agro Logistics & Trade opportunity to venture into?
- What are dominant key challenges (if any) within the value chain I should be wary of – and what are ways to manage these challenges?
- What are the trends influencing the Agro Logistics & Trade value chain?
- What geographical realities influence market availability?
- How does one identify customers/off-takers/target market for an Agro logistics business?
- How does one identify customers/off-takers/target market for local trade of Agro products?
- How does one identify customers/off-takers/target market for import/export of Agro products?
- How does the AFCTA impact the Agro Logistics & Trade value chain?
- What are the key building blocks to start and run a successful Agro Logistics & Trade business?
- What are the risks associated with Agro Logistics & Trade businesses?
- What skills and competence are required to thrive in this sector?
- What is the regulatory landscape around Agro Logistics & Trade-related businesses?
- Where can one, who is interested in the sector, get expert support?
- How do I discover investable Agro Logistics & Trade businesses?
- What are the critical signals of a healthy, investable Agro Logistics & Trade business?
- What other things should one take into consideration in deciding whether or not to invest in an Agro Logistics & Trade business?
Wed, 07 Jul, 2021
09:00hrs, GMT + 1
Register to Attend
Save your spot in the sessions you would love to attend