The Practice of Agro-processing and value addition
This session spotlights best practices to adopt, key business strategies to employ, and possible challenges faced in the agro-processing and value addition value chain providing insight to participants on the pathways to success in agro-processing-type businesses.
About the session
Agro-processing in Nigeria involves adding value to Nigeria's agricultural produce. Value-added agriculture generates several billions in economic impact on a country. Adding value to agricultural products beyond the farm gate usually has several times the economic impact of agricultural production alone.
Agro-processing in Nigeria, particularly the food sector, is rapidly consolidating and increasingly responding to the changing tastes and preferences of consumers, Consumers have higher incomes than ever before, and they are focusing more on convenience, quality, variety, service, health, and social consciousness, they are also faced with the increasing value of (and demands on) their time. In a Nutshell, they are becoming more aware than ever before.
Practitioners in the sector constantly put up with challenges like the unstable price for raw materials due to seasonality, certification from Standard organization bodies like NAFDAC and SON, high cost of equipment among others, and inadequate technical and commercial knowledge among others.
In this session, agro-processing experts dig deep into their wealth of experience and provide the audience with detailed contexts on the best practices/strategies to employ and how to overcome the challenges faced in the agro-processing value chain
Key take-aways from the session
- Identify the best practices/strategies for growing a profitable agro-processing and value addition business
- Identify the common challenges in the value chain and understand the best ways to implement solutions.
What is covered?
In this technical session, a moderator engages expert panellists on the best practices to adopt, key business strategies to employ and possible challenges faced in the value chain – based on their personal experiences. The moderator asks a series of questions to spotlight important talking points along the value chain and sustains the conversation with follow-up questions from the conversations. The talking points are divided into 5 major sections highlighted below.
- How can one raise finance for growth in his agro-processing and value addition business (opportunity available to raise finance)?
- What are the steps one would take to raise finance for scaling one's business in the agro-processing and value addition sector?
- How long does the process take to raise funds -How can one make it faster?
- What is the best technique/strategy for maximum growth and productivity as regards the agro-processing and value addition business in Nigeria?
- What are the most common and demeaning challenges you have faced in your business journey in the Nigerian Agricultural ecosystem as regards agro-processing and value addition - How did you overcome these challenges?
- As a piece of advice to younger agribusiness entrepreneurs, what route will you advise them to take to become profitable and successful in their agribusiness (Agro-processing and value addition) faster than you did?
- Which markets in the agro-processing and value addition sector have the highest opportunity to make the maximum profit?
- What are the best techniques for business positioning in the agro-processing and value addition sector to gain maximum profit for one's products (what is the best time to produce and sell)?
- How does one continuously identify better entry points into new markets in the agro-processing and value addition sector in Nigeria?
- What techniques can one use to build a successful brand in the agro-processing and value addition market?
- How can one build a profitable relationship for brand growth with market industry leaders?
- What are the criteria are needed to get registered as an agro-processing and value addition business in Nigeria with all the qualified certifications?
- How do I locate, approach and form a profitable partnership with companies in Nigeria and abroad who need my products?
Wed, 28 Sep, 2022
13:00hrs, GMT + 1
Meet the experts who will be discussing the topic
Register to Attend
Save your spot in the sessions you would love to attend