The Practice of Agricultural Technology
This session spotlights best practices to adopt, key business strategies to employ, and possible challenges faced in the agtech value chain providing insight to participants on the pathways to success in agtech-type businesses
About the Session
The agriculture industry is ripe for solutions that improve farming methods and introduce best practices, improve smallholder farmers’ access to financial services, farm inputs, fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides, and equipment, provide other extension services to farmers and even enable farmers to access markets by connecting them with produce buyers.
Technology is an enabler. It increases productivity and efficiency when deployed appropriately. The premise of Agtech is to leverage technology to plug identified productivity and efficiency gaps, and there are a lot of gaps – which presents an opportunity for enterprise.
In this session, agtech experts dig deep into their wealth of experience and provide the audience with detailed contexts on the best practices/strategies to employ to become successful in this value chain and how to overcome the challenges faced in the value chain.
Key take-aways from the session
- Identify the best practices/strategies for growing a profitable agtech business
- Identify the common challenges in the value chain and understand the best ways to implement solutions.
What is covered?
In this technical session, a moderator engages expert panellists on the best practices to adopt, key business strategies to employ and possible challenges faced in the value chain – based on their personal experiences. The moderator asks a series of questions to spotlight important talking points along the value chain and sustains the conversation with follow-up questions from the conversations. The talking points are divided into 5 major sections highlighted below.
- How can one raise finance for growth in his agtech business (opportunity available to raise finance)?
- What are the steps one would take to raise finance for scaling one's business in the agtech sector?
- How long does the process take to raise funds - can one make it faster?
- What is the best technique/strategy for maximum growth and productivity as regards the agtech business in Nigeria?
- What are the most common and demeaning challenges you have faced in your business journey in the Nigerian Agricultural ecosystem as regards agtech solutions - How did you overcome these challenges?
- As a piece of advice to younger agribusiness entrepreneurs, what route will you advise them to take to become profitable and successful in their agribusiness (Agtech) far faster than you did?
- Which markets in the agtech sector have the highest opportunity to make the maximum profit?
- What are the best techniques for business positioning in the agtech sector to gain maximum profit for one's products (what is the best time to transport and export and to which countries)?
- How does one continuously identify better entry points into new markets in the agtech sector in Nigeria?
- How does one effectively Brand and network his business in the agtech industry to become a market leader?
- How can one build a profitable relationship for brand growth with market industry leaders?
- What are the criteria are needed to get registered as an agtech business in Nigeria with all the required certifications?
- How do I locate, approach and form a profitable partnership with companies in Nigeria and abroad who need my services?
Thu, 29 Sep, 2022
13:00hrs, GMT + 1
Meet the experts who will be discussing the topic
Register to Attend
Save your spot in the sessions you would love to attend